Time Well Spent
How We Spend Our Time
I was reading some articles recently about time management and how we spend our time. Here are some of the results:
- The average American spends 3 hours a day watching TV for a total of about 90 hours per month
- We use our mobile device – talking, texting, playing games and checking email – 30 hours per month
- On the average, we spend 13 hours per month playing video games – I am sure this is much higher for younger people but I have seen a lot of seniors who are hooked on their “Candy Crush” and “Words With Friends”!
- We only spend about 9 hours per month exercising.
- We spend about 20 hours per month socializing – online and in-person.
- We spend the rest of our time sleeping, eating and working.
After I read through these results, I started wondering just how many of these activities would affect my future.
I have a pretty good record on “Words With Friends” but I am not sure that it is going to help me retire early. I was also able to cram in the whole new season of “Stranger Things” in one day (I was so proud of myself!) but will it help me reach the financial goals that I have set for my family?
Don’t get me wrong – I am not against having some fun and enjoying an entire “relax” day. In fact, I encourage you to do it but where is my time truly better spent.
Studies also indicate that if you handle your finances properly, you will have a greatly reduced stress level, your relationships and marriage will be happier and you will have a lot more time to enjoy your kids and grand kids.
So, why don’t we spend more time on our finances?
I think the main reason is that we aren’t exactly sure what we are doing and, therefore, we avoid it. Finances are extremely personal and no one wants to admit that they don’t know what they are doing.
Take a few minutes TODAY and contact us. We are a 100% Judgement Free Zone and will not ridicule you for financial decisions or mistakes from your past. Our only objective is to help get you set straight and put a plan together to help you meet YOUR goals – not ours!
We are here to help. Email us today and we can also schedule your free consultation. We would love to help you get a plan started. It is what we do at Hollander & Associates.
Please let us know how we can better serve you.